Queen’s is delighted to partner with Lloyds Banking Group to offer up to 15 undergraduates the opportunity to become a Lloyds Scholar across almost any of our degree programmes.
This unique social mobility programma offers students, from lower income households (under £25,000), a complete package of financial support.
The programme is designed to reward outstanding academic performance; provide mentoring and internship opportunities; develop employability skills; and encourage involvement within the local community.
What’s on Offer?
- An annual bursary of £1,000 to help with living costs and study materials;
- Annual cash awards for good grades;
- Work experience with up to two paid summer internships,
- Advice and support from a dedicated Business Mentor;
- Excellent volunteering opportunities;
- End of course excellence awards for top scholars;
- The chance to learn valuable skills and boost your employability through lectures; workshops; and events each year; and
- The opportunity to join the Lloyd’s Graduate Leadership Programme.
Your Commitment as a Lloyd’s Scholar
In return you must:
- Complete 100 hours of volunteering in the community each year; and
- Champion the programme to future applicants and the wider community.
Am I eligible?
You can apply for the Lloyd’s Scholars Programme if you have:
- A residual household income of £25,000 or less; and
- Received a conditional offer from Queen’s University Belfast and have selected us as your first choice.
How do I apply?
The application process for this scholarship will open in May 2018 abut you can register your interest now at www.lloyds-scholars.com to ensure you are kept up to date on any news.
You will be required to complete an online application form to check your eligibility; this will be followed by online numeracy tests; a short competency based telephone interview; and finally an assessment centre with a face-to-face interview.
Queen’s University will be happy to offer support to any applicants that make it through to the assessment centre stage. Get in touch with us at LloydsScholars@qub.ac.uk and we’ll arrange to meet with you.
Important to Note:
- You must be a full time UK student or EU student currently residing in the UK.
- You must have applied for your degree course through UCAS.
- The Lloyds Scholars Programme is open to students on any 3+ year undergraduate degree programme starting in September/October of the applicable year. (There are some courses that are not eligible. Please contact us about your chosen course if you are not sure)
- Those that apply to study at St Marys University College or Stranmillis College are not eligible for the Lloyds Scholars Programme.
- Lloyds Banking Group are responsible for the selection process and therefore have the discretion to apply additional eligibility criteria as necessary.
- Lloyds will require proof of household income, this is verified through the Student Loans Company, therefore you will need to ensure that you apply to SLC with adequate time for them to undertake checks. You will also need to select “Consent to Share” otherwise we will not be able to verify your household income and you may be deemed ineligible.
You can find out more information by visiting the Lloyd’s Scholars Website
*Terms and conditions apply