Friday 9 February is the deadline for students wishing to apply to be part of Queens Senior Academy. This is an extremely beneficial opportunity.
To be eligible to apply applicants must be:
• In full-time education, currently studying a two year, level 3 qualification e.g. A’ Levels or acceptable equivalent (e.g. BTEC/OCR.)
• Attending a Northern Ireland, non-selecting secondary school or College of Further Education.
• Have at least five A* – C grades at GCSE (or equivalent e.g. GNVQ, BTEC) including English Language* and Maths*
• Neither parent should have attended university or obtained an undergraduate degree or equivalent in the UK, Ireland or abroad**
Applicants with brothers/sisters who have completed a higher education course or who are presently in higher education are still eligible, as are applicants who have family members outside of the immediate family (e.g. grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles) in higher education.
*Students can be retaking one or both of these subjects and still be part of the programme.
**If a parent is currently studying for their first degree or has graduated within the last five years, applications will still be considered.
In addition, applicants must also meet at least two of the following eligibility criteria:
• Have an annual household income of £19,203 or less.
• Be in receipt of Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA).
• Have a disability or an additional learning need (please see further information on application form).
• Be the main carer for a family member or dependant.